Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Desparately Seeking Landscape.


It was sunny out today, a bit cold, but the sunshine always inspires me. I've been spending time with my gardening books lately, thinking about what to do out front. Last year I took a landscaping class...yeah. I learned a lot, but on the last day of class when I showed the "teacher" my plan, he pretty much said I needed to do a bunch of things that we will NEVER do. Like re-do the half circle drive (with what $$?) and put in Japanese Maples (love them, but not for this house). He hated the idea I had for a walk from the drive to the porch, which is the natural traffic pattern. Needless to say we didn't have the $$ at the time so it still looks like these pics. We're DIYer's, so we just need a plan we like and we're off.

I found some great books over at Populuxe (see side bar). The "style" of the 50's is very very interesting. Maybe less is more - but nothing is slightly ridiculous. By the way, both sides and the back of the house also have zilch! I'll continue my research and post what I find. As always, I'd love suggestions and comments. Any sites I should be checking out for ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Sites - yes, definitely: http://www.gardenweb.com/. I really like the forums which are at http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/ since there is a HUGE wealth of knowledge there.

    Also I had to grin at your "Club Penguin" link - my 11yo granddaughter is practically an addict!!

    Leslie
    http://georgetownhouse.livejournal.com (since I dont use my google account for bloggin)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...