Sunday, June 7, 2015
Monday, April 20, 2015
If you know me, you know that I cherish all my trips to Cali because they are some of the most soul-filling moments I have. I've come to realize that I need to build more "Cali" moments into my MI life in order for T(o)KC to stay fresh, inspired and alive.
Doesn't sound too hard, does it? Eat amazing food, spend time with people that get me, share my passion and creativity with others. However sometimes life takes you down paths which are hard to find your way back from and you become lost before you know it. Even after coming back from my last amazing Cali trip I had a hard time finding my way "back".
If I choose to look back at the last week I could choose to look at some of the low points (and let me tell you, besides Tax Day, there were more than my share). Instead, I am choosing to look at the MANY amazing points in the week and to count my blessings.
- Being able to rally as a couple to handle a very tough situation
- Having a sister that is always there for me with the most incredible insight and guidance
- Rocking a beta test for a big project and being inspired by a family that lives across the state
- Seeing my work though someone else's eyes and being amazed at how it's perceived
- Working with colleagues/friends that are smart, talented and make me strive to be better
- Spending an entire day with someone I'd just met and knowing I'd made a friend for life
- Soaking in the spring sunshine, putzing around outside and being able to breathe (again!)
- Knowing that my Germanese Cali family has made their way safely to Japan
- Finding comfort and happiness again in the kitchen
- Connecting with past clients who have reached out to do more exciting and important work
- Seeing how important it is to stay true to your values and beliefs
- Spending time to invest in my own inspiration, health and well being
- Loving this craggly, old, half dead tree - as it's one of the big signs for me that life goes on
at 7:52 AM
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
I thought I would share a few moments I captured while working today. I spent most of the day at the dining room table oogling the glittery snow. I'm very lucky to be able to do what I do from the comfort of my own home. I couldn't resist grabbing the camera and taking advantage of the winter light.
I've moved some temporary storage for the weck jars into the kitchen. Not my ideal solution, but until I find something for the studio it will suffice.
My bird book stays within arms reach of the kitchen window.
Shamus taking a stroll.
Un-staged shadows. Guess I forgot to put away the reindeer.
I love this little guy my dad carved. Kept him out as part of my winter decor.
at 6:16 PM
Monday, January 12, 2015
The shed is about to fall down at any moment. We've known this for a while...but have tempted fate so far. K built this lean-to on the back of the garage to house yard and garden equipment. He's pretty handy to have around. Now we just have to move everything before the shed collapses with all the snow weight.
Once that shed comes down I'm hoping to use the wood for many projects, including having tables custom made for the patio. Perhaps we'll use some as a framework for a wall in my studio as well. Fingers crossed the wood is usable and we can salvage (maybe sell) it.
2015 is the year of reorganization. I have big plans for the Compound (I usually do). We'll be replacing more IKEA furniture with found treasures. There's a goal in mind that I will share as soon as some more rooms are complete and ready for reveal.
at 8:45 AM