Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Holidays.


Have you started your holiday shopping? I haven't. I remember one year where I decided to have all my shopping done before December 1st. What the heck was that all about?

I'm not into the holidays really. For some reason, since my dad passed away, I haven't really enjoyed them. I don't enjoy the decorating. Or the shopping. Or the songs. I have fun when I go to my sisters and bake cookies. But I don't really ever do anything with them or give them away.

I wouldn't mind it if we skipped Christmas, say every other year or two years... Maybe that would make it special? It's just too commercial. It's just too much. It's just too complicated and too expected.

I guess I'm just a scrooge.

2 comments:

  1. I can easily skip big part the Christmas as well. Don't care much about gift part. Though... i really do like our Christmas eve dinner with our friends...making customized stockings for each of them and seeing family on the day of Christmas with totally sugar-high little sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to focus on the handmade stuff as well. That and going out of my way to do things for people that truly need it or can use a little extra attention in their life. That's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...