Monday, May 5, 2008

This American Life - the movie version


I went to see Ira at the movie theater last Thursday - the live debut of This American Life. I have to say it was everything I hoped it would be! When is the last time you went to a movie theater and laughed out loud, repeatedly, happily with the rest of the audience at simple comic banter? When is the last time you went to a movie theater and people clapped afterwards, showing their appreciation for a really delightfully spent 2 hour block of time?

Sadly, however, I did catch his This American Life on Showtime last week as well (coincidence since I'd never been able to catch it before). There is something about his ability to tell a story that just calls for radio. Don't get me wrong, the TV show was good... but I really LOVE listening to the stories on the radio. The images they conjure up. The vividness of it. Ira's cadence and storytelling. There is just something magical about it.

Experience it for yourself - free podcasts on iTunes. It's a great way to spend an hour, thinking, listening, imagining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...