I spent 20 years in the Automotive Industry working a corporate job. Spent the last 10 of those years in management (ugh!). Now don't get me wrong, I actually loved what I did and I do believe I was actually pretty darn good at it. It's just that now, having been out of "it" for the last 2 years, doing the consulting gig, I have NO desire to go back into the corporate world.
- Well, it's not the 7am - 6pm time (though that would be a huge shift the lazy day pattern I have adapted)
- It's not that I don't want to be with people - because, believe it or NOT I am a people person; This one woman alone in her studio thing is NOT working for me
- It's the politics, bureaucracy, dealing with crazy/stupid/ignorant/delusional people
- It's the pouring your heart out into projects that never go anywhere
- It's all this - and the "been there, done that"
I just need an outlet, a direction and the ability to find joy in whatever it is I do each day. Has anyone been down this road/path and found success? How did you find the right path? Where did you search? How has it turned out. I'd love to hear.