Saturday, September 6, 2008

Cookbooks from Grandma


My mom is cleaning somethings out of my Grandma's house. I told her I would be interested in old books, specifically cookbooks. Mom came through and brought me a few. I thought I would share a couple of my favorite finds.

In one cookbook, they have menu's for children's meals. I don't know about you, but I guess I never thought to feed the little one's bread and butter sandwiches or celery sandwiches or cottage cheese sandwiches. I would never have been able to guess what went with macaroni, lamb and tomato casserole.

These menus, surely are just meant to "entertain" me, as mentioned in the front of the book, right? Just in case you were looking for something different, I've included a couple of recipes that I think they forgot to include in the kids menu. I mean, surely if they would like scambled eggs, buttered beets and spinach, they would like fish souffle, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...