Friday, December 5, 2008

Dear Congress...

Today's Detroit Free Press front page...with an explanation from the editor. One copy is being sent to every member of Congress. The next two pages of the newspaper are really well done...explaining myths about the Automakers, sharing excerpts from the hearings, and how the CEO's are fighting to make sure they are heard and acknowledging that they have heard what is expected of them.

Before I even read the paper, I thought to myself - "This (situation) is Michigan's hurricane. It's our tsunami." Not to be overly dramatic, but it just makes me sick to see what is happening in our state. It is truly devastating. So many people are losing their jobs, their houses and their faith in who they are and what they can do.

I know this loan won't solve things, that it is most likely just a band-aid. I'm not going to pretend I understand everything that is at stake with the latest deal on the table. I do feel that there has been a certain amount of antagonistic, unrealistic, ridiculous discussion during the discussions. Were the other industries and companies put through such scrutiny or just the love-to-be-hated Automotive industry?

I do not know what the best answer is. I just know that something *has* to change and progress *has* to be made ... or else it will become a disaster, one that could have been avoided. Not a natural one that we have no control over.

I second the headline: INVEST IN AMERICA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...