Sunday, January 3, 2010

My 2010 Word

ENERGY.

And I'm pretty damn excited about it. Just choosing it last night and waking it up with it on my mind made a world of difference.

As you may or may not know, I spent the last 2.5 weeks in Maryland with my sister helping her and my brother-in-law through some tough times. I was away from my husband and the kids for the holidays, and missing the knuckleheads tremendously. However I learned so much about myself. I learned a ton from my sister.

That woman has the most incredible energy...she hardly ever stops, even when for all intensive purposes she should have just collapsed. Just by being around her I found myself energized and so much more effective and efficient. She said she didn't know what she would have done without me, but I need to tell HER how much she's impacted my outlook for the next year.

On the plane ride home I decided that I was going to change my perspective of the new year ahead. She has inspired me to, no matter what, look for ENERGY to accomplish whatever needs to be accomplished.

This word for the year makes a whole lot of sense to me... so much more than written resolutions or a list of things I want to accomplish. I just need to focus and put ENERGY behind whatever faces me each and every day. And it WILL be a GOOD YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...