Friday, January 7, 2011

The Quest for Healthy Living

I'm on a mission. Over the past few months I have really been changing the way we eat. I joined Weight Watchers and have lost 13 pounds so far. It's come off really really slow, but I'm so ok with that. A pound a week, heck yeah I'll take that. If it means I can eat things and not deprive myself so that I go over the edge, then that's a good thing, right?

It's a lot simpler than I would have thought. It's about understanding portion size. It's about understanding your body chemistry and what you put in it. It's about moderation. Duh.

But I can still cook, I can still invent, I can still experiment and find new favorites. Like:


Yesterday we went for a walk in the preserve and came home and shoveled the entire drive and back yard. I came in and made myself cup of cocoa with 25 calorie cocoa, fat free Cool Whip and...(wait for it)...a small shot of Amaretto. YUM! 2 WW points, well worth it!


Working from home I get to make myself something fresh and tasty each day. I try to get creative and make new things. This is a taco (not new) but I used canned chicken from Costco which is very easy, healthy and remarkably delish. 1 serving (1/3 of the can) is only 1 WW point. Slap that on a Carb smart tortilla with some lowfat hot cheese, reduced fat sour cream, fresh lettuce and cilantro and VOILA. Instant new fav. I had 2 of these babies for 9 points overall and am completely satisfied (with my mouth still burning from that cheese).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats on the 13 pounds so far! That's really impressive. I need to find something, as I've been gaining, or at least not losing, for awhile now and it's starting to really get to me. I need to find a way to be more active!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Susan!!!
    Kudo to you!!! I will need to get my butt moving and start running when i get home.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...