Sunday, September 9, 2012

Feels like fall

My goal this summer was to conquer making homemade ice cream. I believe I was pretty successful.  Vanilla - check.  Chocolate Stout - check.  Lemon - check.  Frozen yogurt too! Coffee caramel choc chip - check.  Lemon basil - check.  Dulce de leche - check.

Now that I know how easy and wonderful it can be, I'm going to keep going with experimenting with fall flavors.  The experiment this weekend is Pumpkin frozen yogurt.  

Tastes like pumpkin pie.

I'm thinking that it would make amazing ice cream sandwiches.  I buy cookies from Trader Joe's to make it simple.  Try the Butter Almond Thins or the Butter Waffle Cookies.  Make sammies or just crumble them in or on top.  I'll let you know what I decide to try.

So here are the directions.  I have an ice cream/yogurt maker that I used, but I *think* you can just make this and then freeze it (probably in a shallow pan).  Let me know if you do...

DIRECTIONS (not a recipe!)
  • In blender combine:
    • 16 oz Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (I use Trader Joe's Greek vanilla non-fat yogurt)
    • 1 can condensed milk
    • 1/2 can pumpkin puree
    • 1 t pumpkin pie spice
    • 1 t vanilla paste (optional...I'm putting this in EVERYTHING these days)
  • Blend until well combined
  • Pour into ice cream maker while running (or into 9x13? baking pan)
  • Freeze until ready to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...