Monday, April 20, 2015

Counting Blessings


If you know me, you know that I cherish all my trips to Cali because they are some of the most soul-filling moments I have. I've come to realize that I need to build more "Cali" moments into my MI life in order for T(o)KC to stay fresh, inspired and alive.

Doesn't sound too hard, does it? Eat amazing food, spend time with people that get me, share my passion and creativity with others. However sometimes life takes you down paths which are hard to find your way back from and you become lost before you know it. Even after coming back from my last amazing Cali trip I had a hard time finding my way "back".

If I choose to look back at the last week I could choose to look at some of the low points (and let me tell you, besides Tax Day, there were more than my share). Instead, I am choosing to look at the MANY amazing points in the week and to count my blessings.

- Being able to rally as a couple to handle a very tough situation
- Having a sister that is always there for me with the most incredible insight and guidance
- Rocking a beta test for a big project and being inspired by a family that lives across the state
- Seeing my work though someone else's eyes and being amazed at how it's perceived
- Working with colleagues/friends that are smart, talented and make me strive to be better
- Spending an entire day with someone I'd just met and knowing I'd made a friend for life
- Soaking in the spring sunshine, putzing around outside and being able to breathe (again!)
- Knowing that my Germanese Cali family has made their way safely to Japan
- Finding comfort and happiness again in the kitchen
- Connecting with past clients who have reached out to do more exciting and important work
- Seeing how important it is to stay true to your values and beliefs
- Spending time to invest in my own inspiration, health and well being
- Loving this craggly, old, half dead tree - as it's one of the big signs for me that life goes on




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...