Thursday, September 11, 2008

Experiment = Yummy

Those of you that know me, know I love to cook - and rarely follow a recipe to the letter. Heck, I usually just glance at the ingredients, make a mental note of what they are and then go for it. That's what I did today for a deliciously yummy lunch.

What to call it??? Ummm - Greek Spinach Pizza? Yes, that will work.I'm really into making mini pizzas on store bought pita bread. The whole wheat kind works really well, easy and good for you. After checking out some recipes on allrecipes.com (my fav as u know!) I came across some ingredients (ha, not recipe) that I thought I would try together. Here's my description - NOTE: all measurements are simply calculations!

Place pita on foil lined cookie sheet.
Mix together 2T feta cheese, 1T fire roasted tomatoes (or red peppers) and 1T mayo. Add dashes of garlic salt, oregano and cracked black pepper.
Spread mixture on top of pita. Top with baby spinach leaves (pile them on!), red onion and a small amount of pizza cheese. Top with pitted kalamata olives.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Yumminess. Try it, let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMMM - This looks really good. I'd love to have a portion... one... one portion.

    Corey

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...