Monday, January 5, 2009

HOPE

I'm not one for resolutions. I never have been...I'm not good at creating lists and keeping track and all that other stuff. If you know me, you know how I am. What I think I am good at (or want to be good at) is optimism. I like to think I am a glass-half full person. Whenever possible I try to take a step back and look at something positively. I like to use the word "opportunity" vs. "problem". So when I began to think about this new year, 2009, I felt very optimistic and HOPEFUL.

I'll have to admit, 2008 was NOT a good year for me or my immediate family. I don't go on and on about things on my blog because 1) I don't want to be a whiner; 2) I've found that people just can't understand the situations we are tackling; and 3) a lot of it is pretty horrendous, scary and very private.

Now that 2009 is here I am filled with HOPE. I have HOPE that this year will be different and that together, my husband and I, can take back control of our lives. Here is my list of HOPE for 2009 that I'd like share:
  • I HOPE that I can refocus and center my life so that I can find a balance between work, family and myself. I want to become healthy again...mind, body and soul.
  • I HOPE that we continue to be lucky to have jobs and business that keep our finances stable. We need to continue to pay off our debt (no additional hospital bills in 2009, please!), save and invest in the house/property.
  • I HOPE that I can continue to guide the kids to become the kind of people they need to be. I will continue to help and guide but will not "do" for them, compensate or let them avoid consequences. I'm totally aware that I need to be less of an enabler.
  • I HOPE that I can re-establish my relationship with my family and mend whatever weirdness happened last year. I so want things to be back the way they always were.
  • I HOPE to add to my list of hobbies and improve my skills in the ones I have been pursuing. I'm anxious to go the next step with the photography...classes start in March.
  • I HOPE that K and I can work together to make our home even more like the place we dream it can be. We're looking forward to beginning phase 1 of a multi-phase outdoor project. Time outdoors = happy.
and lastly
  • I HOPE that our friends and family continue to be healthy and happy and safe. I HOPE that our thoughts/prayers truly do reach and help those that need them (HUGS), and that those people feel the hope and love we send them each and everyday.
Here's to a HOPEFUL, happy and safe new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...