Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My first day as a CCS teacher...


In summary -

I had to ask to change classrooms, making trouble on my first day...surprised?

3/4 of my class was in the wrong room (but not because I changed rooms) for the first 30 minutes of the class. They missed my stellar lecture on "About Susan". Lucky them.

I have a full class of bright shiny faces (all male) that give absolutely no indication as to whether I am making any sense - or if they think I am full of shit. We'll see how many people drop... (I know one person who emailed me about what they thought the class should be about will probably be disappointed &/or drop.)

My fun "ice breaking" activity of asking interview questions to get them used to sharing stories was interesting...very interesting & humorous on many levels.

All in all - good stuff. I wrapped up my planned content at exactly 3:58 pm. Class ended at 4:00 pm.

And whether or not it's true, I felt like I had an angel looking over my shoulder making everything (nerves!) go ok...thanks Moe. I miss you terribly. It would have been so great to share the experience with you...but I know you were watching.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think...