Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Holidays

If you know me, you know I'm not a huge fan of the holidays. I'm not sure when it started or why... I know that I feel totally claustrophobic when the tree is up and a million decorations are out.  So this year I am going SIMPLE.  I might get just a few things out and put up the tree and be done. After all, aren't beautifully wrapped presents decoration enough? Adding just a little something to my everyday red and white kitchen towels works too.



As far as the living room is concerned, I've been picking up a few things and mixing them with other things I have.  The Santa collection won't make an appearance this year (I'm thinking every 3 year rotation might be best).  I'll share pictures of the living room when it's done.

Even though my spirit might be a bit bah humbug regarding decorating, I'm into keeping the real spirit of the season.  Time spent with family and friends. Doing things for others. Making a wish or two come true - no matter how or who... That is what I prefer to spend my time and energy on. That is what really matters.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...