Monday, December 23, 2013

Slow Motion

I feel like I've been moving in slow motion for the past week. I've had a severe headache for almost 5 days now (yes, I've been to the Dr.).  It's slowed me down in a very big way. I think it's my body's way of forcing me to take it slow. I guess that makes sense. I wish it didn't come with such a painful reminder, but I look at it as a big a-ha nonetheless.

I've been focusing on accomplishing one thing at a time (brilliant, right?!). But I've put more emphasis on being present to what I am doing and doing things because I really, really want to. It makes a difference, you know? And sometimes, for whatever reason, we forget to live this way.



We just put our tree up yesterday. It took everything I had to do it. I had help and company and that made it much better, but oh how I could have skipped it. I'm glad now that I didn't.

I'm back in the kitchen, making goodies just to make goodies.


It feels amazing to go slow and be rewarded with beautiful results.  These Black Forest Crinkle Cookies were selected to be made after I bought a similar amazing cookie at the Ann Arbor Kindlefest. I actually love the fact that the recipe (only) made 14 decent size cookies.



My nephew and I enjoyed them the next morning with coffee, I'm planning on doing the same thing tomorrow. We'll see how long they last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...