Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's good to be home.

While you KNOW I love the cottage, I am happy to be home today. It was a beautiful day, warm but not too hot. Not too humid. K and I went to Royal Oak to walk around and then relaxed in our sans mosquito backyard. Enjoying our freshly cut grass with our brand new lawn mower.

PLANS FOR NEXT WEEK:

- I'm looking forward to spending some time in my garden.
- I will be moving into my new studio space & getting re-organized.
- Going to the mall to get my computer fixed (CD burner sounds like a space ship taking off?!?).
- Trying my hand at decoupaging an old piece of furniture.
- Spending "work time" with my Rapid Viz book, practicing and doing the exercises. (THANKS W! :-)
- Hopefully spending an evening with my BFF Beth at a local wine/tapas bar.
- Using my new Le Creuset for the first time.
- Watching my new flowering hydrangea trees bloom!
- Lunch with CD ??? if she's not too busy crunching numbers?
- And anything else that catches my whims.

I suppose I should talk about WORK stuff, but officially I am still in my "month off" mode. I will probably try to catch up with friends at Avery Dennison and Art Center (whose site I just found under construction...very interesting.)

My friends, I leave you with this quote:


Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world. ~Ada Louise Huxtable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...