Monday, August 4, 2008

More Baking and Cooking Fun.

Spent a lot of time in the kitchen this weekend. For some reason I'm in bake/cook mode. Made a blueberry cobbler, with fresh Michigan berries. Got the recipe on allrecipes.com (of course).
Made pork chops - for the first time in my life! I used Guy Fieri's recipe for Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo. Here's the prep work (including a nice glass of homemade Sangri, yum).

I used my Le Creuset pan that I got as a bday present from B! Love it. Can't wait to try more things! Here is how the plate went.
OK, I have to admit, that corn muffin? Yeah, I didn't actually "make" that. I found these wonderful things at Kroger in the dairy/cookie dough/biscuit section. They come in a tube and you cut it up and put it in the tins. They are soooo good and easy. Hey, I figure that if I made the chops, special beans, sangria and dessert I could cheese out on making homemade muffins. (Don't judge me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...