Saturday, August 2, 2008

Recently Tried and Treasured Recipes

I promised to share some of the recipes I've made lately. I get a lot of ideas and recipes from allrecipes.com. They have practically anything you are looking for.

Last week, I made this Greek Syle Garlic Chicken with a big greek salad, grilled pita chips and hummus. Yum. I highly recommend the chicken. Go light on the lemon so that the chicken doesn't cook in the citrus. Grill slowly. The chicken will turn a beautiful color. I sliced the chicken and topped it with some red pepper that I grilled, then chopped. Sorry I don't have a picture!

I also made Roasted Garlic Veggie Pasta that was yummy.
To roast the garlic, I cut the top off an entire bulb to expose the cloves. Then I placed the bulb in heavy duty aluminum and wrapped it (2x) leaving the top uncovered. I poured (1T?) olive oil on top, along with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Then I placed it in a small foil bread pan. (You can use anything to keep it in place - I've used small oven-safe dishes, cupcake tins, etc...). Bake at 400 degrees until garlic is brown and soft - about 40 minutes.

To make the pasta:

Put sliced asparagus, chopped mushrooms, and pieces of zucchini in a pan with some olive oil, 1-2T balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper. Saute until desired done-ness (I like my asparagus to still have a bite).

Boil pasta (I used spaghetti noodles, original recipes calls for cork screw pasta).

When garlic is done, squeeze out of bulb and mash. I used the entire head of garlic, when roasted it becomes so sweet and not at all overpowering. Toss left over olive oil (from garlic roasting), mashed garlic, pasta and veggies. Add more balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to taste.

Serve hot with fresh parmesan. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...