Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wise words


Here's what you have to keep in mind when throwing an event, or a get together, or anything in general actually:

Just do what you can accomplish without stressing about it - and have fun. No one will ever know what you had planned that didn't get done (like bathroom towels that didn't get put out!?).

A very wise friend told me that a wise friend of hers told her this - and truth be told it helps.

Following that philosophy, yesterday we had a small gathering of folks after work. I may have grumped a little bit, but all in all it was very relaxing and fun. I even got to sit down and enjoy my own party. Imagine that!?


We had simple, but good food. You can never go wrong with veggies and a beautiful cheese platter, right? I made two kinds of pizza and served that hot, as needed. You can make pizzas ahead of time and have them ready to pop in the oven as the platter gets low. That's the only thing I had to fuss over.


I even kept dessert simple. These goodies are things you can make ahead. I used the Weck jars as part of the decor because they are beautiful enough to do so. There were brownie and salted caramel bites and pumpkin cake with spiced cream cheese pudding frosting. Incredibly simple to make, believe it or not. I'll follow up with directions, promise.


Willow was a good sport about wearing her costume. Yes, I'm one of those people that like to embarrass their animals and *try* to make them wear costumes. The cats rarely participate. Willow on the other hand was, if not a willing participant, a complacent one.


Since today is actually Halloween I couldn't resist staying in my costume all day @ work. I'm dressed as a housewife laying on the couch eating bon bons.  Truth be told, I'm a happy, home-based entrepreneur, comfortably doing research for my new business adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...