Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm still here.

Hello. I'm still here. Just having a little bit of a difficult time getting motivated lately. I'm NOT going to complain about the weather - it is what it is. But I do have to say that January has been the loooooongest month and I am so ready for it to be over and to move on to February.

I've been half-heartedly thinking about the next move for "Just a Little Something" activities. I haven't come up with anything I'm super excited about and it's been difficult for me to get back in the kitchen for some reason. I know that this adventure needs to proceed at it's own pace, so I'm just waiting for inspiration to hit. It's probably just around the corner.

In the meantime...I've been enjoying my Weck jars and using them throughout the house. When I talked to my friend Wakako from Baum-Kuchen, she told me how she has repurposed her little jars (from the bacon jam) to freeze homemade baby food for her little sunshine Coco.

I've fallen in love with this rack from my Mom. I have it in the kitchen and rearrange it to suit my mood. I keep extra jars here to grab as/when needed.



Here are five things you can use your weck jars for:

1. Keep your breakfast granola fresh. I can imagine having a stash of this Coconut Vanilla Granola (recipe here) at work in a drawer to go with yogurt or just to nibble when the cravings hit. I ate almost half the pan when I made this - it's that good!


2. Store your sweets, or even better, put a tag on it and give a friend a little jar of happiness just because.  Again, why not stash this in a drawer or on a nightstand just for you? I'm not the only one who eats chocolate in bed, am I?


3. You know I adore these little green guys that need hardly any attention. I move them about the house. The jars are the perfect little vessels. 


4. Keep things you use frequently out and visible. I use (a lot!) of tasting spoons and spreaders. These little teak spreaders were my Mom's, so I like to keep them out where I can see them. They remind me of cheese balls and family/friend get togethers. Why stash them away if I'll only forget about them?  


5. Use them to dry/keep herbs. I took snippings of rosemary that was still growing at my Mom's before we closed on her house. It's been drying in the jars, on the rack, until I get around to making something special.

Birdie compliments of my good friend Cheryl.

Let me know how you've repurposed your lovely jars. Oh, and if you are in the market for more bacon jam, let me know that too. I'm trying to figure out if that needs to be a staple in the line up or just a seasonal thing.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...